Membership Terms and Conditions and Our Cancellation Policy
Subscription Membership Terms
At SpearCraft Book Box, we offer a variety of subscriptions or memberships . Please review these Membership Terms carefully and make sure you understand them before subscribing because they contain important and relevant information regarding any subscription you may purchase, including renewal and cancellation terms. Memberships are continuous and automatically renew unless you cancel your Membership.
By purchasing a Membership, you agree to the terms below:
1. Monthly to month subscriptions. A “Monthly” Box Membership consists of an initial book box and an additional Box sent out each month thereafter.
If you sign up for a monthly Box Membership, you will be immediately billed $29.99 or 49.99 depending on your box choice USD (plus shipping and taxes if applicable) as a non-refundable purchase Membership which will then continue and your credit or debit card will be charged each month on the 1st of the month for the next months box. For example April 1st you will be billed for an April box. Shipping takes place each month on the last day of the month. For example Aprils box will ship April 30th.
The SpearCraft Book Box quarterly subscription is a seasonal Membership for an ongoing service that is billed each season ($49.99 USD, plus shipping and taxes if applicable) and will be automatically charged to your payment method on fileas a non-refundable minimum purchase. Unless you cancel in accordance with these Membership Terms. (see section 4 cancellation policy) quarterly boxes are billed March 1st, June 1st, September 1st, and December 1st. They ship the last day of each of those months.
2. Annual Subscription Box Memberships. If you choose an Annual Box Membership, your Membership will include the same Boxes as you would receive under a monthly Membership, as outlined above. If you sign up for an Annual Membership, you will be immediately billed the annual price of $312 USD (plus shipping and taxes if applicable) or current price, as a non-refundable minimum purchase.
Annual Memberships automatically renew on the next billing date after receipt of your first 12 boxes , unless you cancel your Membership in accordance with these Membership Terms (in particular, see section 4 “Cancellation” below), your payment method on file will be automatically charged for the next Annual Membership term (i.e., $312 USD (plus shipping and taxes if applicable) for 12 more monthly Boxes) as a non-refundable minimum purchase.
3. One Time Purchase Boxes. One time boxes from our shop are NOT recurring subscriptions, you are billed one time at the time of purchase as a non-refundable minimum purchase.
4. Cancellation Policy. You may cancel your Membership with us at any time, subject to the time frames below. We do not place “holds” on Memberships although you may skip a month if on a monthly plan. Prepaid 3,6, and 12 month plans may also skip but it will skip the entire next 3, 6, or 12 months.
In order to cancel your Membership, you must do the following: log into your Cratejoy Member Account, navigate to the My subscriptions page, then click “Edit/Manage Subscription” button. Next choose skip or scroll down to see Cancel. Click cancel and see that the subscription now says cancelled instead of active. You will also receive a cancellation email to the email address you provided when signing up for your subscription. There are no cancellation fees.
Cancellations must be effected prior to the billing date of the subscription Membership renewal. For quarterly Memberships, this means that you must cancel before the billing date for the next Season. Prior to March 1st, June 1st, September 1st, or December 1st. For Annual Memberships, this means that you must cancel prior to the billing date for the next annual period (in other words, prior to the next billing date after receipt of your first 12 Boxes). For Monthly subscriptions you must cancel prior to the 1st of the month. For example if you'd like to cancel in March and not receive an April box you must cancel prior to April 1st (i.e. March 31st or sooner) Cancelling your Membership does not provide you a refund for subscription payments already processed, nor does it stop a pending charge. If cancelling on the 1st or after your cancellation will go into effect for the following billing cycle and a final box will be sent.
5. Additional Boxes. Members may choose to purchases one time boxes from the shop section for themselves or to send as gifts. We ask that each box be purchased in a separate checkout. This helps us out with shipping tremendously and will not slow down or delay your shipment like purchasing multiple boxes in the same order can. Past boxes from the shop are shipped within two weeks of successful billing. If it is a current box being sold in the shop as a one time box it will ship the last day of the month it corresponds to. (i.e. our March box will ship March 31st.)
6. Taxes, customs, and Shipping and Handling. Stated prices for subscriptions and shop items, and other products do not include any customs, duties, sales, use, value-added, excise, federal, state, local or other taxes. You are solely responsible for the payment of such taxes related to your purchase. Please check with your local customs office to see if fees apply to your purchase prior to placing an order. Any returned boxes due to refusal or lack of paid customs will be resent to the buyer at the buyers expense.
7. Returns. SpearCraft Book Box does not allow returns of Subscription Box Products or other associated items/products, except as outlined in our Damaged or Missing Items section In our frequently asked questions section. Should we choose to honor a return or exchange, as determined at its sole discretion, you will be shipped a replacement item or issued a refund via a shop gift card for the affected item. Concerns regarding any aspect of the return policy should be directed to email@example.com
8. Refusal of Service We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. The only reason we would do this is in matters of fraud, theft, and dispute. If a subscriber is in violation of any of these their buying privledges will be blocked on this website as well as cratejoy. This includes blocking email, credit cards, mailing address and IP addresses. Opening a dispute to attempt to get out paying for a subscription to be sent or being sent or a box already received is fraudulant and your buying privledges will be terminated here and on the cratejoy marketplace. You will not be entitled to a refund and may be subject to criminal charges of theft and fraud by us, stripe, paypal, cratejoy, the credit card company and bank. In other words please do not steal, its not worth it. Stealing from small businesses hurts everyone.
9. Questions? If you have any questions, please contact us at: